Saturday, November 13, 2010

Life Jim, but Not as We Know It

So it may not involve being paid to wear outstanding Reeboks, be transcribing the finest details of Snoop Dogg's latest wild party or write about African land snails, but I have myself a job. I'm currently working in Graham (plumber's merchant) in Shepherd's Bush and its surprisingly really really fun. I'm only two weeks into it but already I have witnessed prank calls, a klaxon attack, a sausage being slapped across a room and more homosexual innuendo then you'd care to shake a stick at. Boss. At the end of the day though it's money in the bank and I've had my eye on a fair few items as of late...

University of Michigan Letterman jacket
Currently available in Urban Outfitters for a cool £120, this will be mine and finally fill the varsity shaped hole in my wardrobe.

I must be totally honest with you though, there is one predominant reason why I want this jacket, it's not to make the missus jealous, or because I'd look like the High-School football captain (I will tackle everyone whilst wearing this jacket though). No, the reason I want this jacket, is so I can finally be one of the Steiner Brothers. Incredible.








Nike SB P.Rod
I've really been hankering for some stripped back SBs as of late, I originally had my eye on the Koston's, but unfortunately, as is the way with all sought-after sneakers, they're all but sold, except for sizes 5-7. Who are these tiny footed bastards and why aren't they buying these shoes? Duck sauce. Anyway, my next alternative is the Paul Rodriguez pro model, currently available from Slam City for a smashing £54.95.

A Bathing APE ASNKA Crewneck
I have never had a harder time finding an item of clothing as I have when looking for a simple grey sweater  with a nice front-print. It has been stupidly hard, like trying to cut an apple in half in mid air with a katana and no formal bushido training. BLHB favourites BAPE have this available on their EU website currently for £160, with a Champion collab available online soon. Again, I am going to hunt this down like a man possessed and wear it like it were a second skin.







This weekend in Shoreditch (12th-14th of November) you can find a Gimme Five endorsed sample sale. Entry is one English pound and features items from Stüssy, GoodEnoughUK and Billionaire Boys Club amongst others. Friday was Stüssy exclusive, and I managed to pick up one of last year's Xaime Hernandez tees (but in white) for £15. Sunday is throwing up a sale from London hotspot the Hideout which should unearth some absolutely choice cuts.


MOTIFS OF THE WEEK
  • Scarves with everything
  • Getting angry at Radio One
  • Watching the original extended cut of Clerks on repeat with the commentary track
  • Drinking hot chocolate and being called a Teddy Boy
  • Singing LFC chants at any possible moment
  • Listening to copious amounts of Fugazi
  • Listening to Between the Buried and Me's cover of 'Territory' by Sepultura and thinking it would be ideal entrance music if I ever became a professional wrestler



See? I'd totally win championships to that music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pucker up buttercup