Wednesday, November 24, 2010

SB = Swish Bastard


Yes. It's true. I now own some Nike x Supreme SBs. I am fucking buzzing.

Whilst the more seasoned and cynical followers of hype fashion may sneer at the Nike Supreme 94s I could not give two hoots. What this (worryingly) proves to me is how much I value my wardrobe as not only was I frantically calling into every sneak-boutique as soon as these were announced trying to find a supplier and a due date, but I had the numbers of said stores on speed-dial, calling in the middle of the night all forlorn and breathless like a sex offender. But, as is the case with Murphy's Law, I was almost right royally shafted. Now I have a job (but seeing as it started so late in the year) I was entitled to book one day off before December 31st, so I did and on the 18th of November I went home to Wallasey in order to spend a quiet weekend celebrating my 22nd with my family and my better half. Little did I know that on this average weekend not only would these sneakers drop, but there'd be no chance of reserving a pair. Oh and my future wife Dita Von Teese was performing in London.

I take it you now understand my sheer horror.

Fast forward to monday and my lunch-break in work. The phone comes out. The Hideout are called;
Hideout: "Good afternoon, Hideout."
Me: "Alright mate, what's the stock like on the Nike Supreme SBs in a UK size 10?"
Hideout: "Sorry mate, sold out."
Me: "Duck sauce."

Phone hangs up. A look of abject terror grips my face. Dover Street Market are called;
DSM: "Good afternoon, Dover Street Market."
Me: "What's the stock like on the Nike Supreme SBs in a UK size 10? FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN TELL ME."
DSM: "We have one pair left and they're in blue."
Me: "Please please PLEASE can you reserve them until after 5 tonight? I NEED these shoes!"
DSM: "Sure thing, see you later!"

Phone hangs up. My face calms down. My hands stop trembling.

Anywho, long story short, I got to DSM in record time from Shepherd's Bush, bought the bastards and danced home like little ol' Charlie Bucket.

5 comments:

  1. ...sorry woman. I called you my better half though so shush your noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the DMC x Nike 6.0 DeLorean Dunks?

    I came.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came buckets. Shits are going for some serious money in the states though. Take it you've heard about the ongoing advances in the self-lacing market? MIND = BLOWN.

    ReplyDelete

Pucker up buttercup